Monday, October 19, 2015

Screen Australia ban enters its 41st month! Still no evidence of my crime!


Nerida Moore
Senior Development Executive
Screen Australia
Level 7, 45 Jones St
Ultimo 2007   

12th Oct. 2015   

Dear Nerida

I have a challenge for you:

To read the first 10 pages of my 6th draft screenplay for HONEY.

Backstory:

Since 10th May 2012 I have been banned, by the Screen Australia board, from making applications of any kind to Screen Australia. I am banned from even having a telephone conversation with atone at SA!

My crime:

I have intimidated and placed at risk members of Screen Australia’s staff with my correspondence.

The evidence in support of my crime?

None.

Your job is to seek out and develop screenplays of the highest quality. Does it matter that such a screenplay might have been written by an axe murderer serving multiple life sentences in jail? Would you care if the screenwriter happened to be a person whose character, morals and values you found reprehensible if s/he had written a great screenplay? Why should it matter if a screenwriter has been critical of Screen Australia policy? If a filmmaker has had the temerity to hold senior members of Screen Australia accountable for their words; their actions?

Are you on the lookout for good screenplays or for screenplays written by people you approve of?

If you fear that the reading of the first 10 pages of HONEY may place you at risk, do not turn to page one. If you are curious to see if the first 10 pages hold promise, read them. Ten minutes of your time. Not a lot.

If the first 10 pages whet your appetite for more, keep reading. If you get to the end of the screenplay and believe it to have potential to be a fine film, bear in mind that HONEY cannot be made as an Australian film for as long as I am a banned filmmaker.

best wishes

James Ricketson

No comments:

Post a Comment